Massage Treatment: Better Recovery for a Happier You
The benefits of massage treatments
Suffering from sore and tight muscles seems to be a feature of modern life. Whether caused by stress, high workloads, posture or sport and exercise, stiff and tight muscles can affect us badly. They can cause pain, reduce concentration, fatigue and tiredness, headache, back pain and generally rob us of our quality of life.
Massage can help:
- Relieve pains associated with injury by mobilising soft tissue
- Aid joint mobility
- Relax tense muscles
- Relieve or prevent physical dysfunction and pain
- Improve circulation and immune system functionality
- Reduce stress
- Relax the mind
- Improve blood flow
- Increase overall feeling of well-being
There are many different kinds of massage
Massage can play an important role in managing and resolving stiffness and tightness, helping you overcome muscle tension, help with your aching back and neck or simply help you relax.
Sports massage is the term applied to the use of massage for the specific benefit of those participating in sports or exercise. It covers the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of the soft tissues of the body.
Sports massage is recognised as being one of the most effective treatments for an injury and can aid recovery between training sessions.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphoedema arises when the drainage routes of the lymphatic system become blocked, congested or severed. Lymph fluids can then build up in the tissues and swelling appears.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage is a gentle technique done on the surface of the skin which helps the lymphatic system to work more efficiently.
The aim of the treatment is to move fluid from congested areas towards healthy lymphatics where drainage systems are normal. Fluid can then be drained back into the circulation.
Pregnancy Massage can be of great benefit to both mother and baby, alleviating the aches and pains commonly associated with pregnancy. It can provide the following benefits:
- Reduce muscular tension and discomfort of the shoulders, upper and lower back and hips. It can help reduce pain for those experiencing lower back pain, sciatica and symphysis pubis dysfunction
- Increase circulation to improve the distribution of nutrients and oxygen to the baby and the removal of waste products.
- Improve lymphatic drainage to help remove toxins and reduce oedema of the ankles and feet.
- Better sleep, less fatigue and deeper relaxation.